This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
The best beard moisturizers contain additional ingredients such as vitamins and minerals, which are intended to help your beard grow healthily and improve your skin’s condition under your beard.
Grooming your beard may seem like an easy task, but it isn’t.
Growing that healthy and strong beard is all about proper care throughout the process.
With many products on the market, it can be difficult to pick one that suits you and stick to it.
That’s why it’s best to look at different products or read article reviews like this.
What’s beard moisturizer, how do you use it, and what are the best beard moisturizers you can get?
I answer these questions in the reviews below. Follow each review and take the time to understand the product before you commit to it engagement.
Let’s start by looking at some important factors to consider when buying a beard moisturizer.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Beard Moisturizer (Quick Summary)
- What to Look for When Buying a Beard Moisturizer
- 10 Best Beard Moisturizers Reviewed of 2023
- 1. Bluebeards Original Beard Saver
- 2. Viking Revolution Beard Oil Conditioner – Beard Moisturizer for a Sensitive Skin
- 3. Honest Amish Leave-in Conditioner
- 4. Keepit Handsome Beard Moisturizer
- 5. Mitch Mvrck Beard Lotion
- 6. Professor Fuzzworthy’s Moisturizing Beard Shampoo
- 7. Beard Moisturizer for Men by The Rugged Bros
- 8. Mr. Rugged Beard Moisturizing Lotion
- 9. Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer
- 10. Wahl Beard Creme for Softening, Moisturizing Facial Hair
- Types of Beard Moisturizers
- What are the Benefits of Beard Moisturizer?
- How to Apply Beard Moisturizers
- FAQs About Beard Moisturizers
The Best Beard Moisturizer (Quick Summary)
|Bluebeards Original Beard Saver|
4.5 out of 5
|Viking Revolution Beard Oil Conditioner – Beard Moisturizer for a Sensitive Skin|
4.5 out of 5
|Honest Amish Leave-in Conditioner|
4.5 out of 5
|Keepit Handsome Beard Moisturizer|
4.5 out of 5
|Mitch Mvrck Beard Lotion|
4.5 out of 5
|Professor Fuzzworthy’s Moisturizing Beard Shampoo|
4.5 out of 5
|Beard Moisturizer for Men by The Rugged Bros|
4.5 out of 5
|Mr. Rugged Beard Moisturizing Lotion|
4.5 out of 5
|Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer|
4.5 out of 5
|Wahl Beard Creme for Softening, Moisturizing Facial Hair|
4.5 out of 5
What to Look for When Buying a Beard Moisturizer
The right type of moisturizer for your beard type and skin will provide much-needed hydration and promote skin health and beard growth.
The first thing to look at is the ingredient list.
AnnoyingThings like parabens can irritate: they are dangerous on many other levels, too, while things like castor oil, shea butter, and the like are a good sign that your product is providing adequate hydration.
After determining that nothing is artificially included in the product, there are some other factors to consider.
Most manufacturers list the ingredients on the label, but most will also claim that the product is completely natural when in reality, it is not.
What can you do about this? Trust the giant print, not on the product label.
Read the little ones instead. If there is silicone in the product, they are often indicated somewhere on the label, perhaps in the corner or front.
Care to Make sure you read everything on the label carefully. After all, your beard deserves only the best, and artificial products aren’t the best.
They damage your facial hair, so avoid them at all costs.
On the other hand, natural ingredients make it look healthier, thicker, more robust, softer, and more manageable.
Ultimately, the best moisturizer for the beard is the one that is made with all-natural ingredients.
As obvious as it sounds, you want your moisturizer to moisturize your beard seriously: and of course, most moisturizers do.
The problem arises when you realize that the moisturizer will save you a lot of money and really only moisturizes your hair for an hour, then you know you’ve made a mistake.
Make sure you know what level of hydration you’re getting and look for something that gives you an excellent, steady level of hydration.
What a beard care product smells like is everything, at least for some beard wearers. You don’t want a strong scent if you normally wear cologne or any other kind of care product with a pungent smell.
When ordering online, it can be difficult to determine how strong or mild, so I recommend reading beard moisturizer reviews to understand better what the product smells like before hitting the Buy Now button.
Type of the Skin
That said, if you have sensitive skin or acne, check if you are allergic to some of the ingredients in the product.
Doing the opposite would cause allergic breakouts. In most cases, this happens when some essential oils are not suitable for your skin type.
Experiment with different essential oils from the ArtNaturals collection by adding a small amount to your skin to determine which one is best for you and doesn’t cause allergy or irritation.
While there aren’t many moisturizers without fragrance, it is still possible to use some pretty good moisturizers. Creams. Which do not cause allergies and skin problems.
Want a product that’s gummy, greasy, or creamy? A beard moisturizer can feel sticky or too waxy, or it can leave a residue on your sofa, office furniture, or wherever you lie. Some products designed to be reactivated can have a creamy texture but should not feel greasy with moderate use.
10 Best Beard Moisturizers Reviewed of 2023
Each product is discussed in this section. I will list the features, advantages, disadvantages, and results of using the product.
1. Bluebeards Original Beard Saver
First, it provides long-lasting hydration that is second to none: with avocado oil and shea butter, it has an organic quality that makes your beard tingle.
Not only that, but it is also extremely effective at relieving itching and leaving the skin underneath fantastically soft and radiant.
It’s great for all types of beards: from the hardest tangles to the smallest stubble: of all skin types, making it incredibly versatile: -round winner.
Plus, it has a lovely fresh scent that won’t linger too long but makes applying the stuff very stimulating.
Some will say the amount of moisturizer you get per bath is on the small side; you really only need a small amount of this stuff with each application to get great results: that’s how it all balances out in the end.
- Great natural ingredients
- A wonderful, subtle fragrance
- Works on all hair types and skin
- Some think the price is too high for the amount you get
2. Viking Revolution Beard Oil Conditioner – Beard Moisturizer for a Sensitive Skin
It is one of the best beard conditioners you can find, and it has none at all. The product is made from organic ingredients, with jojoba oil and argan as the main ingredients. Among beard care products, these are the ingredients widely known for their nourishing and moisturizing effect.
The organic components in this conditioner make it suitable for use by those with sensitive skin. Users who have used the Viking Revolution Beard Oil Conditioner regularly agree that it virtually eliminates itching on your beard. It is also recommended for use by people with dandruff; it works so effectively that your beard becomes noticeably soft and has no dandruff within a week of use.
- It is unscented, making it suitable for those who like a fragrance-free conditioner.
- The bottle has a dropper cap, which makes the application process efficient.
- It has a reputation for being completely natural, making it ideal for people with sensitive skin.
- Ideal for people who want to eliminate dandruff and keep their skin softer.
- Some users have complained that it is a bit watery.
3. Honest Amish Leave-in Conditioner
Virgin argan, avocado, almond oil, virgin pumpkin seed, and apricot kernel oil form the base, infused with a proprietary blend of hair-enhancing plant ingredients.
Also included are fruit and nut butter such as shea, aloe, cocoa, kokum, and others, in addition to some essential oils that give the product its fragrance.
After application, both your beard and your facial skin will benefit. Your beard will be softer, conditioned, and nourished with no more split ends.
The skin underneath will be free of new itching and wild hair.
This conditioner comes in a 60ml can, but the manufacturer has more sizes available.
- Created with the best organic components obtainable
- No chemical substances, preservatives, and fake fragrances
- Packed in a single hundred% recyclable tin
- The value is really sensible.
- Not suggested for guys with nut allergic reactions.
- It needs some time to soak into the beard.
4. Keepit Handsome Beard Moisturizer
The formula is not flaky or greasy, but you should use this product in moderation; otherwise, it may leave a greasy residue and make it difficult to comb or brush your beard during the day. A nice light, fresh scent that is not overpowering, is also free from parabens, and contains all-natural ingredients.
Perfect for thick, coarse, or long beards that are dry, brittle, and flaky, this fresh, lightweight leave-in conditioner works to prevent or treat dandruff and can instantly stop itching and irritation with consistent use. Used two to three times a week.
However, it is important to use only a small amount of the product and then comb or brush it through your beard. Using too much can make a beard look heavier and leave a greasy residue.
- Fresh scent
- Penetrates deep down
- Hydrates the skin and beard
- Lowered worth
- It can be greasy if not employed in moderation.
5. Mitch Mvrck Beard Lotion
But this fast-absorbing oil has a lot more to recommend, and especially if you have sensitive skin, you’ll find it hard to beat on many fronts.
Don’t just moisturize your beard, but the skin underneath as well, and the final result is an overall improvement in the apparent thickness and broad appeal of your beard, so it’s really a moisturizer for both your beard and your beard.beard.face.
It reduces itching, irritation, and blotchiness: it also makes shaving your sensitive skin a lot easier when it comes down to it.
Plus, it helps you shape and tames your beard, which is great if you’re looking for a slightly more adventurous style.
We should also mention the fragrance: it has quite a strong, slightly spicy scent, which seems to really divide people. While some love it and buy this stuff specifically for the fragrance, others find it completely unpleasant and avoid it like the plague.
- Superb for delicate skin
- Vegan, Paraben, and cruelty-completely totally free formula
- Assists you kind your beard
- The smell is not for everyone.
6. Professor Fuzzworthy’s Moisturizing Beard Shampoo
I know you are already wondering what these are and where they come from. Here’s an interesting fact. These ingredients are only sourced from the Tasmanian rainforest in Australia. This is where this shampoo comes from. This brand is also unique in that, unlike other beard shampoos that are available in liquid form, Professor Fuzzworthy’s shampoo is handmade.
The rare organic ingredients also have their benefits. Kunzea oil is a natural antiseptic that helps keep your skin healthy. Those who use this shampoo regularly also love the fact that it helps eliminate acne and dandruff in your beard.
This is thanks to the combination of Kunzea oil and lavender or eucalyptus. These ingredients play the role of both an antiseptic and an anti-itch. Using this shampoo every day to clean your beard, you can rest assured that he stays hydrated and nourished.
This is all due to natural oils in this beard shampoo, such as coconut, olive oil, and castor. These oils, combined with the leatherwood beeswax and soy wax, allow Professor Fuzzworthy’s shampoo to be used as an alternative board balm versus beard wax.
- It is a particular handcrafted shampoo bar.
- It utilizes ingredients of this type as Kunzea oil, lavender, and eucalyptus believed natural antiseptics.
- The use of lavender and eucalyptus provides it with that unique woodsy scent.
- It is an all-all-organic ingredient shampoo.
- Some clients complain that 115 gm is also small for such a price.
7. Beard Moisturizer for Men by The Rugged Bros
Only the best ingredients are used in the blend of this product, and they are all natural. The ingredients list includes organic argan oil, rose water, and sweet almond oil.
No mineral oils, sulfates, parabens, dyes, and other artificial ingredients have been added. You will find that argan oil is beneficial in promoting healthy beard growth and stopping hair loss.
Ideal for men who have problems with a scruffy and unruly beard, this product softens your facial hair and locks in moisture to provide your skin with superior hydration.
It is suitable for men who like a light scent from their moisturizer and men who prefer it unscented.
Subtle citrus and orange scent are quite pleasant, making your beard smell nice but not too intense almost all day long.
- Locks in moisture hydrates and softens the beard.
- It prevents hair reduction and promotes the beard’s improvement.
- Subtle, not overpowering orange blossom scent
- It consists of the most excellent organic components.
- The consistency is somewhat watery.
- The pump doesn’t function truly well, and you want to press it on a handful of occasions to get the item out.
8. Mr. Rugged Beard Moisturizing Lotion
There is water in the formula, but it is much later in the ingredients list, making the lotion thicker and not as runny as above.
This moisturizing lotion has a strong sandalwood scent, which many users appreciate, but not some users.
When it comes to price, Mr. Rugged’s beard moisturizer is a pretty good investment. The 120ml bottle is long-lasting, costing just over $ 17 at the time of writing.
Like most beard moisturizers, this one provides excellent nourishment for the skin under your beard and removes itching quickly. It’s not the best for beard hair, though, so I would still use oil on it every once in a while.
- Comparable to the Beardsley moisturizer, but thicker.
- It consists of aloe vera and provitamin B5 for extra conditioning.
- It lasts much longer than a regular beard oil and costs significantly much less.
- Totally free of SLS, parabens, and other questionable chemicals.
- Poorly packaged in some circumstances. Not best for a liquid.
- Excellent for beard skin, but not that remarkable for beard hairs.
9. Clubman Pinaud 2-in-1 Beard Conditioner and Face Moisturizer
It just has no right to be so useful or versatile at this price, and anyone looking to save a few bucks should try it 100%.
So what makes it worth buying?
First of all, it’s not just a beard cream: it also functions as a legit face cream. Beard thickens.
It also adds a natural, healthy-looking shine to your facial hair.
The formula contains natural ingredients such as coconut oil and soy protein and will actually help strengthen your beard’s hair over time.
For some, the balm is a bit too thick: this is a specific problem for men with thinner beards.
But for anyone who can see past that, this is about as much as you’ll find.
- Actually outstanding value
- Strengthens hair and improves the development
- It seems right after your skin simultaneously.
- As nicely thick for some.
10. Wahl Beard Creme for Softening, Moisturizing Facial Hair
In addition to aesthetics, this beard moisturizer works well to keep your beard and skin comfortable, helping to reduce itching or irritation that could otherwise be a problem.
The formula is powerful. It contains ingredients such as Sativa seed, jojoba oil, clove, olive, and swamp foam seeds.
These components aren’t just for physical benefits, and they also leave a masculine scent on your beard.
- Softens, moisturizes, and circumstances your beard
- Relieves itchiness and necessary irritation
- It has a pleasant, masculine scent.
- It comes in a small jar.
Types of Beard Moisturizers
If you have a beard, likely, you are already using or at least have tried one of the beard moisturizers.
Beard oil is the most popular type of beard moisturizer out there, although it is not a (moisturizer) in the classic sense because it is not water-based.
Beard oil is usually a combination of carrier oils with a few drops of essential oils used for fragrance purposes.
Beard oils are great for preventing dandruff, itching, and splitting, and in my opinion, they work best for moisturizing dry and brittle beard hairs better than the skin underneath.
Balms and Butters
If your beard looks dull or if it looks a little rough and thin, one of the best ways to thicken your beard is balm or butter immediately. Lotions and beard butter have a very thick consistency.
This type of product is preferred by those looking for a product that can quickly form a long beard.
Not only does it make it easier to style your beard, but it also remains pliable, so you can reactivate it by brushing, combing, or running your fingers through your facial hair.
Conditioners are thick and come in two options: leave-in or rinse. Conditioners are often used in the shower every two to three days and provide a lot of moisturizing power, but they cannot help shape or style your beard.
What are the Benefits of Beard Moisturizer?
Beard moisturizer is ideal when you are in the process of cultivating your facial hair. It helps reduce the itchiness of a new beard (trust us, it’s one thing), pumps your hair and skin with moisture and nourishment, and makes your beard easier to style. Beard moisturizer should be applied to dry beards after shampooing, so what does beard moisturizer do?
During the growth stages, dead skin cells can become trapped under the hair and irritate. Beard moisturizer helps soothe this irritation and grow hair without rubbing your face. It also helps repair damaged hair and fights dandruff (FYI: that’s beard dandruff). In terms of styling, moisturizers enable good beard care by detangling and styling hair more quickly.
How to Apply Beard Moisturizers
In this short guide, we will be focusing specifically on using water-based beard lotions, as we’ve talked about how to use beard balm and beard oil before.
Step by step to use beard moisturizer:
- squeeze or pump a small amount of lotion into your fingers or palm (you may need a little more if you have a large beard)
- Rub the skin evenly under your beard. Focus on the skin, not the hair, although some inevitably end up in the hair as well.
- If you want to moisturize the beard hairs simultaneously, apply a few drops of beard oil, not directly on the skin but on the hair.
- Use a beard comb to distribute the beard oil evenly from roots to tips, leaving as little as possible in the moisturizer’s skin.
Beard lotions are best used directly on the beard skin and close to the face’s hair roots. Beard oil should be used in addition to the cream if you want to moisturize and soften the actual whiskers.
FAQs About Beard Moisturizers
What is Beard Moisturizer?
It is a leave-in conditioner for your beard that softens, moisturizes, and detangles. The ingredients usually include shea butter to moisturize, almond oil to boost hair growth, and beeswax to seal in all the good stuff.
Differences Between Moisturizer, Balm, and Oil?
- Beard Moisturizer does exactly what its name implies!
- Beard Balm doubles as a conditioner and styling aid
- Beard Oil softens, calms, and prepares your beard for epic growth.
Will beard conditioner or another moisturizer help grow a beard?
Beard conditioner makes it possible to grow indirectly. It keeps the hair hydrated so that the hair follicles do not dry out. When hydrated, the hair strands, in turn, can develop as a result of a stimulating environment. It also makes hair softer, leading to growth, unlike tough, coarse beard strands.
Can I Use Face Moisturizer on My Beard?
It’s okay to rub the moisturizer into your beard and the skin underneath. However, we recommend using beard oil for beards and goatees, as the oil will absorb into the beard better than a lotion.
Remember that choosing the best beard moisturizer depends on your skin type, beard length, growth goals, budget, and how fine or thick your beard is.
On the other hand, real beard hairs are better hydrated with beard oils, balms, or conditioners, and it doesn’t hurt to use them both together.
The products in my best-of-list will help promote skin health and hair growth and make your beard more manageable, so styling and shaping it will be a breeze.