This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Finding the best beard butter can be a bit overwhelming with all the choices, so we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about beard butter below.
Are you bearded looking for a more masculine and stylish look beard?
But it’s not that easy to tame a thick and neat beard. It becomes more labor-intensive if some have dandruff, itching, acne, and brittle hair.
Using beard butter means healthy beard growth and moisturized facial hairs and skin. The best smelling beard butter soothes the skin and provides essential hydration for a well-groomed hairstyle.
It is a deep conditioner that softens the hair to make it more manageable and supports your hair growth. Style beard and keep it looking good.
Beard butter is usually confused with the best beard balm, but the two are entirely different. Beard butter is mainly used to provide that deep conditioning that the beard needs while you and your styling your beard’s styling will be maximized.
This product comes in several types, so if you are considering investing in this miracle remedy to tame your facial hair, it’s essential to understand what it is and what it does, too, so that you choose the best beard butter for you.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Beard Butters (Quick Summary)
- What is Beard Butter?
- 10 Best Beard Butters Reviewed of 2023
- 1. Maestro’s Classic Mark of a Man Beard Butter
- 2. Live Bearded Butter
- 3. Oak City Beard Company Barbershop Beard Butter
- 4. Beard Guyz Butter With Protein
- 5. Grave Before Shave Beard Butter
- 6. Live Bearded Beard Butter the Wingman
- 7. Detroit Grooming Leland
- 8. Wild Willies Beard Butter
- 9. Gladiator Beard Butter
- 10. Every Man Jack Beard Butter
- How to Choose the Best Beard Butter
- FAQs About Beard Butter
The Best Beard Butters (Quick Summary)
Best OverallMaestro's Classic Mark of a Man Beard Butter
4.5 out of 5
|Live Bearded Butter|
4.5 out of 5
|Oak City Beard Company Barbershop Beard Butter|
4.5 out of 5
|Beard Guyz Butter With Protein|
4.5 out of 5
|Grave Before Shave Beard Butter|
4.5 out of 5
|Live Bearded Beard Butter the Wingman|
4.5 out of 5
|Detroit Grooming Leland|
4.5 out of 5
|Wild Willies Beard Butter|
4.5 out of 5
|Gladiator Beard Butter|
4.5 out of 5
|Every Man Jack Beard Butter|
4.5 out of 5
What is Beard Butter?
Beard Butter is a perfect combination of the things you need to grow your beautiful facial hair. It is a lotion with extra ingredients for fragrance, grip, and healthy beard growth. ready-to-use lotion.-Ready item to apply for styling, fast-growing, and as a deep conditioner.
This is usually an oil-based (sometimes water-based) product to keep your beard moisturized, soft, stylish, and spacious. It tames flyaways, and it’s all problem-solving for your beard.
Ingredients of Beard Butter
Beard butter is an essential product in beard care, and for good reasons; these are the best beard butter ingredients that give it its unique properties:
Butter is an essential ingredient in beard butter. Shea butter has anti-inflammatory properties, so it reduces skin rashes and itching. Cocoa butter contains vitamin e oil and prevents frizz. If you want to choose less waxy, choose one with Mango butter. It has anti-wrinkle agents and protects against harmful U.V. rays.
Carrier oils are usually the workhorse of all beard care products. They contain argan oil, jojoba oil, grape seed oil, sweet almond oil, and coconut oil—benefits such as moisturizing the beard and the skin underneath.
As your beard grows, no sebum oil will be produced as it used to, meaning your beard will not be as hydrated as it used to be.
Beard butter replenishes the sebum oil thanks to the product’s carrier beard oils that mimic sebum oil, keeping your skin and beard hydrated.
Recommended Reading: 10 Best Mustache Waxes & Beard Waxes for Powerful Hold 2023
The main reason essential oils are in beard products is to give life to your beard. Beard products would smell one note or be full of chemicals designed to derive a synthetic scent without essential oils.
The first and most important thing you know when holding a beard butter is fragrance. Essential oils should give that pleasant scent. Usually, sandalwood oil gives a woody floral scent. Cedarwood oil has a woodsy scent. Pine oil has a woody, sweet resinous scent.
Rosemary gives a fresh aroma. Peppermint provides a cooling feeling. Tea tree oil reduces the appearance of blemishes.
Beeswax is another common ingredient in beard butter, and for good reasons. It is used in beard butter as a thickener.
It gives the butter a thicker viscosity, making application and storage more accessible. Beard butter gives its styling components by holding the beard firmly, although in a tiny percentage.
However, beeswax helps to maintain a smoother and softer beard for longer after styling.
10 Best Beard Butters Reviewed of 2023
If you want to find the perfect beard butter product that best suits your unique needs, here are the options everyone raves about if you want to keep your beard soft and healthy.
1. Maestro’s Classic Mark of a Man Beard Butter
Maestro’s classic beard butter describes this butter as a moisturizing beard cream that can treat the coarsest and most unruly hair. It works great for black men to tame, condition, and soften thick hair: Coconut Oil and Castor Oil Lighten shea butter, itchiness caused by dry skin and reduce flaking.
I like to use this beard butter when my beard hair needs extra hydration and nourishment. It never controls my curly, wiry beard, especially if I let it grow long.
- Soluble in water that retains moisture for premium hydration
- Lightweight for a comfortable grip with no residue
- It comes in a big pot that will last
- A little goes a long way, so you don’t have to waste product to achieve a perfect style.
- Subtle scent
- Strong enough for both long beards and shorter beards such as goatees
- Versatile as you can use this product for scalp hair if you want minimal styling with a light hold
- Loose consistency that can become runny if you live in a warm climate
- Slightly more expensive than other brands of beard butter
2. Live Bearded Butter
You won’t feel greasy on your beard. It’s all-natural.
Essential ingredients are shea butter, coconut oil, butter jojoba oil, avocado oil, almond oil, grape seed oil; moderate
Thanks to the sweet notes of vanilla, the fragrance base is reminiscent of a sandalwood aroma.
This product retains moisture in your facial hair and is consequential in softening your beard.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Light fragrance
- Lightweight at Beard
- Hydrates the hair
- Light hold
3. Oak City Beard Company Barbershop Beard Butter
A blend of oils, including coconut, grape seed, almond, and castor, works with shea butter to relieve itching and soothe irritation. The fragrance is a mild combination of citrus, mahogany, green tones, and earthly lavender. And spicy without being overwhelming. I like to use this butter when it is sweltering outside or extra grip all day long.
- Developed with a restricted amount of parts that are safe for all skin varieties
- Gentle sufficient to use each day
- It consists of vitamin e oil, which supports skin nicely and minimizes irritation.
- Great hold that lasts all day; no touch-ups needed.
- Straightforward to apply beard butter thanks to its thick consistency
- It contains beeswax, which tends to make it stiffer and tackier than other beard butter
- It does not soften the beard as nicely as other options
4. Beard Guyz Butter With Protein
It doesn’t feel too greasy or heavy, and most men who have used it claim that the fragrance is quite pleasant. However, this is quite a subjective matter, and you may not like the fragrance.
You don’t have to worry too much about that, as the fragrance disappears quickly, leaving your beard free of knots and easy to comb.
The proprietary blend of 20 natural extracts and beard oils includes mango, cocoa butter, shea butter, hemp seed oil, coconut oil, and castor oil.
After application, there will be no greasy residue as this product pulls the hair on the face in just a few seconds, making it look significant and manageable.
- It helps make your beard appear thicker and fuller
- Moisturizes and scenarios your encounter skin.
- Absorbs swiftly without leaving a greasy residue
- A pleasant smell that fades away swiftly
- You can’t tame a coarse beard just since it is not thick enough
- Some shoppers could not like the smell
5. Grave Before Shave Beard Butter
The teak wood scent is here for your pleasant scent replacement.
It would help if you tried it for another good reason, no beeswax.
This feature provides much less drag from your comb in your beard and minor damage to your male facial hair.
It also promises to take care of your facial skin. It works against itching and beard dandruff.
Ingredients are shea butter, mango butter, pure apricot oil, jojoba oil, hemp seed oil, tea tree oil, vitamin e oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil.
It is worth buying because it softens your beard and gives you control.
- No Beeswax
- Largely liked scent by the customers.
- Minimal hair harm probabilities
- Situations of the skin also.
- Some could not truly really feel its conditioning capability.
6. Live Bearded Beard Butter the Wingman
This formula contains a shea butter base for nourishing hydration that locks in moisture. To control flyaways, it acts as a leave-in conditioner with coconut, jojoba, avocado, almond, and grape seed oils.
Live Bearded products are quickly absorbed, plump, and soften your beard. They are also handcrafted and blended for exceptional quality control.
- 1 hundred% all-natural parts
- Aids with robust, healthy beard development
- Plant-primarily based and cruelty-entirely free of charge components
- Superb worth, as you get an excellent solution for your money.
- Responsive customer assistance
- Particularly productive in softening gray and coarse beards
- The butter might melt and liquefy in the shipping program, which prospects spillage.
- You might have to wait to use it so that it can harden the following shipping.
- The orange notes in the scent may overpower the clove and vanilla fragrances.
7. Detroit Grooming Leland
The scent is strong at first but fades over time, leaving a very faint scent that will last all day.
More important about this Detroit grooming product is that it cares for both the skin and the beard, leaving them soft and healthy.
It tames stray beard hairs and keeps them in one place thanks to its holding properties comparable to a beard balm.
A little goes a long way, so keep this in mind when applying it to your beard hair. It instantly melts between your fingers and doesn’t feel greasy like some other similar products.
- Softens and circumstances the beard and skin beneath
- It doesn’t feel greasy at all and provides a superb hold
- It has a good texture and is easy to melt and apply
- Light and clean mango-lime scent
- It was a bit expensive.
- Only two oz
8. Wild Willies Beard Butter
The fragrance is powerful but not that strong, and it has a decent scent that won’t bother you. Your friends will not have a problem with this fragrance. It has a very decent and mild scent, making it fit more perfectly like beard butter.
It’s not that greasy, and the reason is that it has almost the same formula used for beard balms, and that’s why they promote it as a beard balm.
Ingredients: 13 natural ingredients and organic essential oils.
- Excellent Hold
- Excellent Scent
- All-day moisturizing
- All-organic Factors
- It’s almost certainly a beard balm.
9. Gladiator Beard Butterblack men with dry skin.
This beard butter scent is very masculine, with base notes of frankincense and myrrh, accompanied by bergamot, lavender, and orange. The scent is not overpowering, which helps if you wear it all day.
This formula contains no beeswax, which maintains a buttery consistency and prevents it from becoming stiff and sticky after application.
- Focuses on beard and skin nicely-getting with vitamin E
- Made with constrained and natural factors that are gentle on the skin
- It can also use on head hair and shaved scalps
- Five% of the revenue donated to military veterans
- An organization that puts the consumer very first and responds rapidly to concerns
- An ultra-rich formula that can be as small as nicely greasy
- They might harden slightly and wants a small bit of emulsifying
10. Every Man Jack Beard Butter
This is probably all you get out of your beard.
Here is the pack with all the ingredients that will help you fight all this nonsense.
And when you win the If you win one, the reward is your thicker, well-groomed, shiny, and itch-free beard hair.
This product keeps the beard hydrated for a long time.
Cocoa butter is added to moisturize and reduce itching. Sandalwood with a hint of vanilla refreshes you.
It is made from all-natural ingredients in the U.S.A.
- Extremely suggested for decreasing itchiness.
- Hydrates the beard hairs
- Treats unruly hairs
- Produced in the U.S.A.
- Unnoticeable scent
How to Choose the Best Beard Butter
When buying beard butter, there are specific considerations to ensure that you get a product that will meet your beard needs.
Ingredients and moisturizing power
Choosing beard butter with ultra-moisturizing ingredients is crucial for black men struggling with dehydrated skin. Formulas made from shea butter and cocoa butter are the most nourishing for dry, sensitive hair and skin. They also work best for deep conditioning and softening coarse beards.
Beard butter also contains oils from various sources, such as avocados, coconuts, grape seeds, and almonds. These oils rejuvenate your beard and improve hydration and smoothness.
Beard butter is a great way to style the beard. That’s why styling properties should be at the top of the list when buying beard butter.
The beard butter you get should hold the beard firmly or lightly after styling. To achieve this, go for beard butter that contains a higher percentage of beeswax oil.
If you choose beard butter is not for its styling features, you can choose to ignore it.
While the smell of beard butter may seem like an afterthought, it is crucial to find the best smelling beard butter you like. After all, the product is close to your nose all day long. Some people find certain scents too strong, similar to perfume, or even too mild. You may have to try a few different scents before finding one you like.
Price, to a certain extent, determines the quality of the product. While you don’t have to pay to get beard butter, don’t go for cheap products as these may not be as effective as you’d like.
FAQs About Beard Butter
Why should I use beard butter?
It would help if you used beard butter because it not only moisturizes your beard and the skin underneath but also provides a light hold that makes your beard easy to tame and style.
How much beard butter should I use?
Depending on the beard butter and beard length, usually take a small amount with your fingers and use it on the beard by palm massage.
Does beard butter help beard growth?
Beard butter is not a magical solution for healthy beard growth; instead, the ingredients in the product make it easy to grow a healthier beard in the future.
When should I apply beard butter?
You can use it in the morning to keep your beard feeling good until the evening.
How to use beard butter?
- Ensure your beard is washed, cleaned, and dry before applying your beard butter. You probably don’t want to use beard butter on the dirty bear.
- Scoop a small amount of scoop onto your fingernail or determine how much you need, depending on the length or thickness of your beard.
- Please put it on your beard butter; now melt it by rubbing your hands together. Then rub it evenly into your beard.
- Comb your beard with a sandal comb with wide teeth.
- Now finally, style your beard.
Beards are a sign of masculinity for most men. So if you can grow a beard regardless of its thickness and length, you should take care of it with beard care products such as beard oils, beard balms, and even beard butter.
That’s the list of the best beard butter in our opinion and experience. If you have any suggestions, feel free to comment below. We always welcome new products to add to our list of products worth reviewing and good benefits.
Recommended Reading: How to Grow a Thicker Beard Quickly: 10 Proven Tips