This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
If you create the switch on an electric razor or are only looking at an upgrade, you will be confronted with the decision to buy a rotary or foil shaver.
Countless men prefer rotating shavers as a comfortable and cost-effective way to meet their everyday care needs.
You probably already decided that a rotary electric shaver would better fit you; we can help you find the best rotary shaver for you.
In this post, we have a complete discussion about rotary electric shavers. We will begin with a quick buy guide and discuss the functions you might want to consider when you buy one, and then we will give our Rotary Shaver reviews (including our choice of the best rotary shavers.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Rotary Electric Shavers (Quick Summary)
- How to Choose the Best Rotary Shaver
- 10 Best Rotary Shavers of 2023
- 1. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 9700
- 2. Sweetlf 3d Ipx7 Electric Shaver
- 3. Philips Norelco 9000 Prestige Sp9820/87 Shaver
- 4. Philips Norelco Shaver 3800
- 5. Max-t Rms8101 – Best Waterproof Rotary Shaver
- 6. Philips Norelco Rotary Electric Shaver 4500
- 7. Philips Norelco 6800 Shaver
- 8. Philips Norelco 8900 Shaver
- 9. Pitbull Platinum Shaver – Best Rotary Shaver for Bald Head
- 10. Phisco Rms8112 Electric Shaver Razor
- What’s The Difference Between Rotary And Foil Shavers?
- FAQs About Rotary Electric Shaver
- Our Verdict on the Best Rotary Electric Shaver
The Best Rotary Electric Shavers (Quick Summary)
Best OverallPhilips Norelco Electric Shaver 9700
4.5 out of 5
|Sweetlf 3d Ipx7 Electric Shaver|
4.5 out of 5
|Philips Norelco 9000 Prestige Sp9820/87 Shaver|
4.5 out of 5
|Philips Norelco Shaver 3800|
4.5 out of 5
|Max-t Rms8101 – Best Waterproof Rotary Shaver|
4.5 out of 5
|Philips Norelco Rotary Electric Shaver 4500|
4.5 out of 5
|Philips Norelco 6800 Shaver|
4.5 out of 5
|Philips Norelco 8900 Shaver|
4.5 out of 5
|Pitbull Platinum Shaver – Best Rotary Shaver for Bald Head|
4 out of 5
|Phisco Rms8112 Electric Shaver Razor|
4 out of 5
How to Choose the Best Rotary Shaver
Different functions are worth considering when selecting your Rotary Shaver. The best electric rotary shaver must have different elements, solid head design and performance, practical and fast charging and operating times, and wet and dry options.
The Shaving Routine
Rotating razors are suitable for anyone who has an unpredictable shaving routine. They can manage almost every hair length of light, light stubble to 2 to 3 days long beard.
Choosing a rotating shaver with a sharp blade and a powerful motor is intelligent if you do not shave regularly.
Rotary Razor blades with a larger trimmer are also ideal for managing closed or longer-bearing hair. Smaller heads are best for detailing the mustache and beard.
One of the disadvantages of rotating shavers is that they can be difficult on sensitive skin. They drag more to her than other types of razors, which can lead to irritation and even frictional shift.
If you have sensitive skin, you may want to search for a rotating shaver that uses anti-friction technology for a smoother shave. You also have to keep models with sharp blades that will cut instead of catch and a smooth swivel to follow contours.
Head design and performance
Most rotating shavers have a standard head design. However, you can find slight variations in the design aspect of each. A good example here is the Philips Norelco 6100, which has a slightly raised main design compared to the others on this list due to the gyroflex 2D contortion system.
The main design of the model you choose can come to personal preference, but in terms of performance, you want to ensure that you get the maximum benefits of your Rotary Shaver.
The Shape of Your Face
Unlike most other electric shavers, rotating razors are built to get a closer shave at different angles at the same time.
Men with rough contours, such as a wide jawline, a broad chin, or angular neck, can consider a rotating shaver with a flexible head.
Although most rotating heads move in the regular four directions, while few rotating shavers have heads that move in 8 directions, they can quickly adjust to uneven face curves. You can shave the hair in every area around the face, giving you a close and comfortable shave.
Although you may be tempted to find a shaver with as many functions as possible, high-end models often provide fringes that are unnecessary for your shaving routine. This can increase the price considerably from comparable options.
You must consider your budget when looking for the best rotary shavers. Not necessarily skimp on features, but it does not fall in the fall of paying more for gimmicky extras.
10 Best Rotary Shavers of 2023
This review now has no less than ten of the best rotary electric shavers available. Offering a final review for every model, we mention their pros and possible disadvantages, plus what you should expect when buying a device.
1. Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 9700precision blades on its model are newly designed and collect hair in the most optimal cutting positions. The overall result is a 30% closer shave that’s much more comfortable.
Recommended Reading: 10 Best Norelco Shavers for Smooth, Comfort Shave of 2023
The 9700 lets you adjust three shaving speed settings, from sensitive to medium and fast, with its award-winning design. Furthermore, this rotary shaver has a very affordable SmartClean plus cleaning system. You start cleaning, lubricating, drying, and charging cycle at the touch of a button so that your product works optimally every day. A digital user interface allows you to identify your shaver’s performance, as well as an awareness of what charge it currently is and when the shaved head needs to be replaced. This model runs on lithium-ion power and offers 60 minutes of shaving time after one hour of charging. A quick five-minute charge even gives you enough power for one full easy shave.
Philips Norelco 9700 customers love this easy-to-use model and the many great features that come as standard. However, the advanced technology used in this razor gets the highest ratings.
- 8-way head
- Wet or dry
- Three-speed adjustment
- Digital interface
- SmartClick precision trimmer
- SmartClean Plus cleaning system
- Travel pouch included
- High price tag
- I can’t shave and charge at the same time
2. Sweetlf 3d Ipx7 Electric Shaver
The blades are kept sharp with automatic sharpening technology so that you can cut effortlessly every time. The blades won’t pull on your facial hair or irritate the skin, making the IPX7 ideal for those with sensitive skin.
The SweetLF IPX7 can be used wet or dry. The housing is completely waterproof, so you can also use the shaver in the shower. It’s also easier to use with creams and gels for a closer, more comfortable shave.
A pop-up trimmer is built into the design to help you style your facial hair. It’s gentle on the skin yet a good shave and is available with an easy one-touch opening.
The IPX7’s powerful motor is both efficient and whisper-quiet. It runs excellent, making the model a good option for those concerned with comfort and safety.
The shaver charges via a convenient USB design. It only takes an hour to charge and provides up to 120 minutes of shaving time, or about 30 sessions.
An LED display shows how much battery life you have left using a five-level indicator. This ensures that you never find your shaver empty if you want to shave quickly.
- Attractive design with blue housing
- Economical option for those on a budget
- SweetLF 3D technology with floating rotating heads in four directions
- Two razor blades instead of just one for faster shaving
- Automatic grinding technology for itself sharpens blades
- Waterproof for use in the shower and with creams or gels
- Built-in pop-up trimmer for detail work and edges
- Cool, quiet motor operation for a more soothing shave
- Convenient USB cable Charging and universal power make it ideal for travel
- Strong rechargeable battery that fully charges in just an hour
- Works up to two hours, giving you up to 30 shaving sessions
- Easy to read, five-layer LED display shows battery level
- Works when plugged in and charged
- Hard to find replacement blades
- It cannot withstand heavy use
- A weak charging port breaks easily
- Hard to clean between shaves
3. Philips Norelco 9000 Prestige Sp9820/87 Shaver
The Prestige series is built on their previous flagship line 9000 and gets a significant upgrade, especially in design, performance, and durability.
The Prestige Series 9000 is available in various models (the awards are usually fittings and accessories) and is the best in the range thanks to its easy accessibility and lower cost than other prestige shaver models.
In my opinion, the new shaving head is an integral part of the Series 9000 prestige shaver. The shaver introduces new blades called SH98 that have been specially developed for this line.
The blades and combs of the shaver are designed in such a way that they offer a great shaving experience. The S9000 Prestige is probably the best and best rotary shaver with excellent results.
The close shave is also much more satisfying, and I think most buyers will be happy with the performance.
Many of the other rotary shavers on the market are a little too harsh on the skin and can always pull a few hairs and persistently and cause irritation to your skin.
Luckily it is. . . not the situation with the Prestige 9000 series. It’s also amazing how it can quickly grab and shave longer, flat-lying hair even after three or more days of hair growth.
So if you don’t usually shave regularly, this is the best choice. Rotary shaver you have been looking for. Philips Norelco shaver claims it can easily handle a beard that has grown for more than a week.
All Prestige variants have a coated aluminum frame that looks and feels fantastic and is a massive improvement in build quality over previous Philips razors.
Now about the cons, the Prestige variants are a bit overpriced and don’t have a cleaning station, which is honestly quite a disappointment.
- It cuts longer hairs with ease
- Extremely quiet
- Decent travel bag
- Strong build and elegant appearance
- It can be used for both wet and dry shaving
- Slightly more expensive than other models
- Has no cleaning unit or stand
- Fewer accessories with the shaver
4. Philips Norelco Shaver 3800
The Philips Norelco Shaver 3800 is the best rotary shaver we’ve tested for under $100, and we recommend it above the cheaper models available.
The Norelco 3800 shaving heads can only move in 5 directions compared to the eight directions that the 9000 series shaving heads can bend. Several times with slightly different angles. Some people will find that this can lead to more skin irritation, but the Norelco 3800 can be used with shaving cream, resulting in a more comfortable shave.
Compared to the Shaver 9000, you may notice more tugging. And pull when using the shaver. We’ve found that shaving every day can reduce this feeling and improve comfort. We don’t recommend the Norelco 3800 if you tend to shave every few days.
The Norelco Shaver 3800 can be used in wet and dry conditions, and the battery lasts about 50 minutes. Like the other Norelco shavers, a 5-minute quick charge is available to provide enough power for one shave. This model comes with a charging stand to quickly charge the shaver between uses.
- Good shaving performance for the price
- Easy to clean by hand
- Wet or dry shaving is possible
- Lack of flexibility in the shaving head makes shaving the neck difficult
- Best for thin beards or everyday shaving struggles with longer stubble
- Not as comfortable as our other rotary shavers
5. Max-t Rms8101 – Best Waterproof Rotary Shaver
Recommended Reading: 10 Best Foil Shavers for a Close Shave (2023 Ultimate Guide)
For a closer shave with each use, three floating shaving heads on this model shave in four directions. And they automatically adapt to every curve of the face, jaw, and neck. The blades are close-fitting and self-sharpening for an unmistakably closer shave than standard. They are combining this with an automatic grinding and shaving technique, a shave that doesn’t pull the beard or damage the skin. An additional pop-up trimmer, facial haircuts, beard shapes, and sideburns are also catered for here.
Customers of the MAX-T RMS8101 find this an excellent shaver that works precisely as the manufacturer claims. It is also considered perfect for a clean shave.
- 100% waterproof
- Fast USB charging
- Smart travel lock
- High speed
- Silent motor
- Sleek-looking design
- Pop-up trimmer
- Good low price
- Some claim the shave isn’t the closest
- Doubts about long-term durability
6. Philips Norelco Rotary Electric Shaver 4500
The three rotating heads are smooth, rounded, and low-friction, reducing the risk of burns and irritation for those with sensitive skin.
Philips Norelco shaver patented Super Lift technology helps to lie flat on or hairs below the skin level to ensure they are clipped. Grooves in the outer rotating mesh are designed to catch and lift trapped hairs without pulling.
The four-way heads are designed to follow the contours of your face. Using Pivot, Flex & Float technology, they keep direct contact with your skin, even along the neck and jawline, using Pivot, Flex & Float technology.
AquaTec’s wet-and-dry technology makes it easy to place your face over the sink or under to shave the shower. You can also shave safely with shaving foam or gels if you want.
A pop-up trimmer is built into the side of the housing. It folds out horizontally, making it easy to handle, even sensitive areas. It easily snaps back into place once you’ve used it.
The 4500 takes eight hours to charge and fully offers approximately 50 minutes of shaving time. If you’re in a rush, a three-minute quick-charge option gives you enough power for one shave.
Recommended Reading: Best Electric Shaver Under $50 (Top 10 Razors of 2023)
If you’re unsure about charging, a handy LED indicator shows you when the battery is low is. Almost empty or full. This is a great feature to avoid running out of power mid-shave for those of us who can be forgetful.
The Philips Norelco shaver 4500 has several extra features to enhance your shaving experience. The box contains a protective cover, a power cord, and a cleaning brush to keep the rotating blade chamber free of dirt.
- DualPrecision shaving rotary heads capture hair of any length for an even shave
- Low friction design Swivel head to reduce irritation
- Four-way action with Pivot, Flex & Float technology
- AquaTec technology ensures a safe wet and dry shave
- A pop-up trimmer with an ergonomic design
- An LED indicator shows when the battery is full or needs to be charged
- Operates up to 50 minutes on a full charge
- Three-minute quick charge for when you need don’t have time to charge fully.
- Easy to clean in minutes at the touch of a button
- Includes a protective case, power cord, and special cleaning brush
- 45-day money-back guarantee and two-month limited warranty year
- Eight hours of charging time
- Slightly shorter battery life than other comparable models
- It cannot be used with a cord and charging
- Knives dull quickly and need to be sharpened or replaced
7. Philips Norelco 6800 Shaver
Although some of the advanced specs, such as aluminum housing, LCD screen, and speed switches, have been reduced to reduce costs.
While the shaving efficiency and results are not bad, the Philips Norelco shaver Series 6000 is a good performing electric rotary shaver that is very effective for shaving longer beards.
The main factor for the excellent results (in this price range) is the latest SH60 blade technology.
They still use the ring design to reduce hair friction for smoothness and irritation-quite smooth shaving, something we don’t usually see on mid-range rotary shavers.
This rotary shaver’s look and build quality are also better than the Norelco 8900 model.
]Therefore, if you can’t afford the price of philips norelco shaver Series 9000, I believe the Philips Series 6000 can be a suitable and economical option.
In the US, the Philips Series 6000 is a 6880/81- variant, the ideal option because of the price, but there are other models in Europe, and the quality is very similar.
As I mentioned earlier, the Philips Series 6000 does not have the speed control options available in the Philips Norelco shaver 9000 Prestige. Another technique is known as “Skin Guard.”
There is a button on the shaver to activate the function of Skin Guard, which allows you to adjust the speed of the desired shaver for a certain period. Comfortable shave.
I don’t think it’s that useful because the shaver is quite gentle in the standard model, but it’s still there for your convenience. Everyone has a different skin and hair type, which differs from person to person.
The Series 6880 is certainly not as powerful as the Philips prestige as the motor turned out to be slightly less potent. However, the Series 6880 can be a suitable choice for an excellent rotary shaver.
As the cleaning station is not available with this model, you have to clean the shaver manually after every shave.
Although it is usually not that difficult and is easy to clean.
The Philips 6880/81 is also water-resistant and can be used safely for dry and wet shaving.
This electric shaver is one of the best shavers of 2023 due to its efficiency and cost, especially for those looking for a convenient shaver.
- A more budget-friendly rotary shaver compared to other Prestige models
- It uses the SH60 razors
- It has a slim and beautiful body
- Premium metal retaining rings
- Waterproof so you can shave both wet and dry
- No LCD screen
- No speed switches
- No cleaning station or stand is included
- No close shave compared to other high-end rotary shavers
8. Philips Norelco 8900 Shaver
There are certain occasions when the extra features of premium electric razors aren’t enough. To work. Work. It is not worth the extra cost.
That said, in terms of price and efficiency, it’s pretty hard to get a reliable rotary shaver that could be significantly better compared to the Norelco 8900 in the 8000- series.
I recommend trying the 8900 first before spending more on expensive razors like Norelco 9700 or other variants of Series 9000.
A little confused? Let me explain.
Firstly, the Philips Norelco shaver 8900 uses the exact blades (SH90 alternative shaving heads) as the more expensive models of the Series 9000.
Generally, the only extra feature you will see in the more expensive Series 9000 is the customization option that includes three different speed modes and an advanced LED display.
The 8900 is an efficient shaver that can give most rotary shavers a closer and easier shave.
The three cutting heads are flexible enough to move freely in eight ways and keep close contact with the facial skin, resulting in an easy and quick shave by reducing the number of passes required.
It also has a wet and dry function, and the razor can also be used effectively with shaving gel, foam, and cream, which will further enhance the satisfaction and smoothness of your shave.
]In addition to a good quality travel case, this electric shaver comes with a clip-on trimmer to style your beard.
Although changing accessories can be a bit tedious, the trimmer attachment in this particular electric shaver is a step up from the standard pop-up trimmers on various electric shavers you usually see that can only trim your sideburns.
However, the beard trimmer attachment that comes with this shaver is almost a perfect beard trimmer with up to 5 length adjustments that can be used to trim the entire board.
This would be very useful if you haven’t shaved for a few days and now need to cut your beard to a more suitable length before shaving.
With the arrival of the latest SH90 cutting blades, they can now be easily washed and replaced. Notes, now both the 8000 and 9000 series use it. The 9700 and 9300 are equally impressive in terms of features, but honestly, I don’t think they have enough compelling features to support their higher cost.
- A truly ergonomic design that is very easy to operate
- The Aquatec technology ensures a fast shave in both dry and wet conditions.
- Each shaving head rotates in 8 directions for a closer and closer shave. fully charged in just 60 minutes
- It uses the same SH90 blades as the other more expensive models
- The LED lights keep you informed about the battery
- It is completely waterproof and can be cleaned easily
- It comes with a comfortable travel package
- You have to buy the cleaning station separately.
- The replacement heads are also a bit pricey
- A high-quality electric shaver that is expensive
- It won’t work with a cord connected
9. Pitbull Platinum Shaver – Best Rotary Shaver for Bald Head
The beauty of this good shaver is its ergonomic design. This patented razor is modeled to not only fit in the palm of your hand but to become an extension of it. Therefore, you can quickly grab it and reach it more comfortably in places like the top and back of your head. With large flexible shaving heads with rotating blades, you can shave in any direction with this electric rotary razor model. Pitbull states that the blades used here have been completely redesigned to give a faster and closer shave, with better torque for cutting the hair, a larger cutting area, and improved blade articulation to adapt to the shape. Of your head.
Pitbull Platinum Shaver customers find this the better model when using the razor for their heads, with its perfect shape and clean and smooth cut.
- Ideal solution for shaving the head
- Small and compact
- Quality construction
- It can be used while charging
- Design not attractive
- More suitable for the head than shaving for the face
- High cost
10. Phisco Rms8112 Electric Shaver Razor
A robust and fast motor offers speeds of up to 2800 rpm so that you can shave quickly without missing spots. It’s also designed to be quiet while it works, so you don’t have to worry about waking up the family or giving yourself a headache in the morning—more control over your shave. While the rotating heads are designed to tackle large areas simultaneously, the trimmer allows you to precisely trim facial hair.
The Phisco RMS8112 can be used wet or dry with shaving cream, foam, and gels. The waterproof case protects the elements inside, so you can use the device in the shower and clean it after every shave without worrying about permanent damage.
A powerful lithium-ion battery lasts an hour to charge via USB and delivers a whopping 120 minutes of shaving time, equivalent to approximately 30 shaves. If you don’t have time to wait for it to charge fully, the quick charge option can help you get enough power for one shave in 2 minutes.
If you’re not sure how your shaver is doing with the life of the shaver battery, the Phisco provides an easy-to-read LED indicator on the bottom of the unit. The display shows the exact battery percentage and a charging indicator, cleaning station, and safe lock indicator.
- Affordable price for small to medium budgets
- A double-track interior offers twice the cutting power
- A super-fast motor spinning at 2800 rpm provides a fast, close, and clean shave
- Whisper-quiet operation
- Inside the housing is a built-in pop-up trimmer for a detailed facial hair design.
- Waterproof housing for both wet and dry use
- Easy to open and clean inside
- Recharge in just one hour
- A lithium-ion battery provides up to two hours of use or about 30 shaves
- 2 minutes quick charge for those in a hurry
- Easy-to-use LED indicator displays charging and maintenance information
- Convenient USB charging cable
- It May cause irritation to people with sensitive skin
- Often with heavy use and wear
- The charging port malfunctions easily
- The case is not durable and breaks easily
- Charging plug not included
What’s The Difference Between Rotary And Foil Shavers?
The video below shows the difference in mechanics between these two types of razors.
In essence, while electric rotary razors have rotary blades hidden behind a perforated disc, the foil razor blades are protected behind a thin metal film (hence ‘foil’). This foil protects your skin from the blades and helps with trimming. It does this by pulling your hair up and away from the skin, after which the blades can easily cut them off.
This is why foil shavers give as close a shave. On the other hand, rotary modern electric razors are much better at handling longer hairs. Both give you the prestige that comes with a clean cut.
Don’t expect to get that ultra-close safety razor cut, though. It just won’t happen.
FAQs About Rotary Electric Shaver
What is a Rotary Shaver?
In the late 1930s, electric razors were used worldwide; during this time, technology has advanced tremendously, which has helped us a lot in our daily lives.
While all-electric rotary shavers in the past generally had only one rotary shaver head, today, most rotary shavers have up to 3 and even more shavers.
Rotary shavers are equipped with rotary shavers. Blades that help immensely to get an even shave effortlessly. In the foil shaver, the blades move under the perforated foil razors.
A ring usually has 3 to 6 blades in each frame of the rotary head, which rotates at high speed for a closer shave. Usually, the heads move freely, allowing closer contact with the user’s skin.
How Does a Rotary Shaver Work?
A rotary shaver has a great mechanism to give your skin the best shave.
As the name implies, rotary shavers have circular (i.e., rotating) blades hidden behind a circular perforated foil. The blades rotate at high speed and trim all hairs through the perforations.
Rotary shaving heads also adjust their angle to your skin, so they can trim just about anywhere, especially when you’re using circular motions. Therefore, they are very suitable for use on the back of the head or in other normally inaccessible positions, especially with a flexible head.
How often will I need to replace the shaver head?
Although every manufacturer states the recommended time, we recommend that you replace your shaver head at least every 12 months. However, it’s also worth checking for signs that your shaving head may need to be replaced sooner, which could be the case if your hair is very thick or coarse. You can usually tell by the cut when it’s time to replace, as this is more noticeable in the ineffectiveness of each cut.
Do Rotary Shavers Cause Ingrown Hairs?
This depends on the quality of the shaver and the sharpness of their blades.
Low-quality rotary razors cause more hairs to twist in and stay there, giving you that painful reddish bump. This is because the design of the perforations, the sharpness of their blades, and the distance between the blade and the perforated foil all play a role in how well they trim the hairs.
A rotary shaver with sharp edges won’t cut hairs as efficiently but can cause them to grow in as you press harder and harder with your shaver.
Can I shave my head with a rotary shaver?
You can use a rotary shaver to shave your head if you prefer. It pays to make sure you select the right blade type for the job here and double-check to see if your model type recommends this practice. However, most rotary shavers are designed for a close but generally comfortable shave, so this part of your head shouldn’t be an issue.
We’ve also included a dedicated rotary shaver for this task here in the form of the Pitbull Platinum Shaver. Therefore, if you prefer to buy a model intended explicitly for shaving only your head, this may be more interesting.
Our Verdict on the Best Rotary Electric Shaver
Choosing an electric rotary shaver instead of a foil shaver is an excellent choice for users who want a closer, more effective, and more effortless shave, whether the beard has grown for a few days or is just a tiny stubble.
The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 9700 is generally the best electric rotary shaver on the market.
Because of its claim to be one of Philips’s most advanced shavers and lots of great features, all come as standard on this latest model.
Finally, all of the rotary shavers reviewed here are the ones we consider to be some of the best rotary shavers Amazon has to offer, making shaving a pleasure rather than a chore.
- 10 Best Straight Razors for Men (Vintage & Modern Models 2023)
- 10 Best Sensitive Skin Shave Cream for Shave Without Razor Burn
- Best Body Groomers: Manscaping Tools & Trimmers for Men 2023
- 10 Best Safety Razor Blades for Sensitive Skin of 2023
- Panasonic Arc5 Vs Braun Series 9 [2023 Full Comparison]
- Braun Series 7 Vs 9: Which is Better? (2023 Comparison)