This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Ready to rock a pink hair color? Discover how long you can expect that vibrant hue to last and get tips for keeping it looking fresh.
From the perfect shade of pink dye to application techniques, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re going for a subtle pastel or bold hot pink, find out everything you need to know about maintaining your colorful locks.
Get ready to turn heads with your stunning and long-lasting pink hair!
Table Of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- How Long Does Pink Hair Dye Last?
- Factors Affecting Pink Hair Dye Duration
- Progressive Fade of Pink Hair Dye
- Enhancing Longevity of Hair Dye
- Recommending Starting With a Slightly Brighter Shade for Prolonged Vibrancy
- Advising to Lighten Hair Ends Before Applying Semi-Permanent Color
- Suggesting Reducing Washing Frequency to Retain Color Intensity
- Utilizing Dry Shampoo and Hair Powders Between Washes
- Minimizing Heat Styling to Prevent Dulling and Damage
- Choosing Dye Brands and Application
- Personal Experiences With Pink Hair Dye
- Hair Health Boost
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Pink hair dye can last for 4-6 weeks, but gradual fading is expected.
- Factors like hair condition, natural hair color, and maintenance routines influence the duration of pink hair dye.
- Using nourishing products, deep conditioning treatments, and sulfate-free shampoos can enhance the longevity of pink hair dye.
- Embracing the progressive fade and implementing effective color maintenance strategies can help maintain a softened hue after three weeks.
How Long Does Pink Hair Dye Last?
Are you wondering how long pink hair dye will last?
Let’s discuss some popular products that can help prolong the vibrancy of your pink hair.
The Fuschia Shock Hair Dye from Manic Panic offers a vegan formula that gradually fades over 4-6 weeks.
Celeb Luxury’s Viral Hybrid Colorditioner in Magenta deposits intense color and nourishes your hair between salon visits.
You can also try Biolage Hydra Source Mask to combat dryness caused by processing or bleaching.
Matrix Color Sync Watercolors Quartz Pink is a demi-color option lasting up to 20 shampoos.
Fuschia Shock Hair Dye Vegan Formula
View On Amazon
If you’re looking for a vibrant and long-lasting pink hair dye option, Manic Panic’s Fuschia Shock Hair Dye Vegan Formula is the perfect choice. This semi-permanent vegan formula offers a deep cool fuschia hue that looks stunning on lightened hair (level eight blonde or lighter).
The mixable colors give you endless possibilities to create unique shades. It gradually fades over 4-6 weeks, resting beautifully on the hair shaft surface.
- Vibrant color payoff
- Mixable colors for creative options
- Cruelty-free and vegan formula
- May require multiple pots for full coverage on thick or longer hair
- Potential staining of surfaces like wood or laminate -Mixing with conditioner may dilute the color intensity
Intense Color Depositing Conditioner
View On Amazon
To prolong the vibrancy of your pink hair dye, use an intense color depositing conditioner like Celeb Luxury’s Viral Hybrid Colorditioner in Magenta. This liquid conditioner not only moisturizes and strengthens your hair but also deposits striking magenta hues to maintain color vibrancy between salon visits.
The plant-based formula ensures that you’re nourishing your hair while keeping it vibrant and bold. However, be cautious as this product may stain surfaces and require careful application.
- Maintains color vibrancy between salon visits
- Pleasant smell, vegan formulation with no scalp residue
- Effective in depositing color as advertised
- May stain hands, sink, or missed areas (cleans off with warm water or wipes)
- Higher price point compared to cheaper brands
- Drying for some hair types
Biolage Hydra Source Mask
View On Amazon
You can enhance the longevity of your pink hair dye by incorporating Biolage Hydra Source Mask into your hair care routine. This luxurious mask is specially formulated for dry and treated hair, providing intense conditioning to nourish and revitalize your strands.
With its paraben-free formula, this vegan treatment helps combat dryness caused by processing or bleaching while promoting hair growth and thickness. Users appreciate its pleasant scent and ease of use, though some mention the container size mightn’t align with the price.
There are mixed reviews on pairing it with specific shampoos, but overall it delivers remarkable conditioning.
- Intense conditioning for dry strands
- Helps repair damage caused by processing or bleaching
- Promotes hair growth and thickness
- Pleasant scent
- Easy to use
- Container size may not match price expectations -Mixed reviews on compatibility with certain shampoos -Slippery residue in shower after rinsing
Matrix Color Sync Watercolors Quartz Pink
View On Amazon
Matrix Color Sync Watercolors Quartz Pink is a professional demi-color that offers long-lasting conditioning and vibrant color. This stunning shade of pink provides an eye-catching look that will make you stand out from the crowd.
Not only does it deliver intense, radiant shine, but it also ensures perfect tonal purity for a flawless result. With up to 2X more conditioning than regular hair dyes, Matrix Color Sync Watercolors Quartz Pink keeps your hair looking healthy and nourished while maintaining its vibrant hue.
- Long-lasting color that retains vibrancy.
- Provides deep conditioning for healthier-looking hair.
- Offers excellent tonal purity for flawless results.
- May require pre-lightening or bleaching on darker natural hair colors.
- Regular touch-ups may be needed to maintain the desired intensity.
- Limited availability in some regions.
Factors Affecting Pink Hair Dye Duration
When it comes to the duration of pink hair dye, several factors can influence how long the color lasts.
The condition of your hair plays a significant role in dye retention, as healthier hair tends to hold onto color better.
Additionally, your natural hair color can affect how well the pink dye absorbs and appears on your strands.
The method and duration of dye application, along with washing frequency and heat styling habits, also impact the longevity of your pink hue.
Hair Condition’s Impact on Dye Retention
When it comes to the longevity of your pink hair dye, the condition of your hair plays a significant role.
Dry hair tends to have more difficulty retaining color compared to hydrated and healthy strands.
Additionally, porous hair may absorb dye unevenly, leading to patchy fading over time.
To enhance dye retention, focus on nourishing your locks with moisturizing products like color depositing conditioners and use color-safe shampoos that won’t strip away the pigment.
Regular deep conditioning treatments can also help maintain vibrant pink hues for longer periods.
Influence of Natural Hair Color on Dye Absorption
Natural hair color plays a significant role in how well pink hair dye is absorbed by the hair.
Dark hair, such as black or brown, tends to absorb more color, resulting in richer and longer-lasting shades of pink.
On the other hand, blonde or light-colored hair absorbs less pigment and may require additional steps like bleaching to achieve vibrant pink hues.
Redheads often have an advantage as their natural undertones can enhance the intensity of pink dyes on their locks.
Duration and Method of Dye Application
To ensure the longevity of your pink hair dye, it’s crucial to consider the duration and method of dye application.
- Precision Application:
- Apply dye evenly from roots to ends using a brush or comb.
- Choose between all-over color, highlights, or ombre for different effects.
- Color Maintenance:
- Use sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair.
- Avoid excessive washing and limit heat styling to preserve color intensity.
Properly applying pink hair dye is essential in maximizing its lifespan on your locks while achieving desired results:
1️⃣ Precision Application:
- Ensure even coverage by sectioning your hair before applying the product with a tint brush or gloved hands.
- Pay special attention when working near the roots as they tend to fade faster due to natural oils.
2️⃣ Dyeing Techniques:
- Different techniques like balayage, dip-dye, or full-head coloring can create unique looks with varying levels of maintenance required.
3️⃣ Color Maintenance:
- Opt for sulfate-free shampoos specifically designed for colored hair as they’re gentle and help prevent fading caused by harsh detergents that strip away pigment over time.
4️⃣ Fade Prevention:
- Reduce washing frequency if possible since frequent shampooing accelerates color loss due to water exposure stripping away pigments from strands gradually over time.
5️⃣ Styling Impact :
- Heat styling tools such as straighteners & curlers should be used sparingly at lower temperatures making sure you apply a heat protectant spray beforehand reducing damage risk
Effect of Washing Frequency on Color Longevity
If you’re wondering how long your pink hair dye will last, the frequency at which you wash your hair plays a crucial role in determining its longevity.
Washing your hair too frequently can cause the color to fade more quickly as it’s stripped away with each shampoo.
To prolong the vibrancy of your pink dye, try reducing washing frequency and incorporating color maintenance techniques such as using dry shampoo between washes and opting for sulfate-free products that are gentle on colored hair.
Impact of Heat Styling Frequency on Color Vibrancy
Avoid excessive heat styling if you want to maintain the vibrancy of your pink hair dye for a longer duration.
Heat can cause color fading and dullness, so it’s important to find alternatives that are gentler on your hair.
Consider color-preserving hairstyles like braids or updos, which can protect your color from friction and weather impact.
Embrace protective styling techniques such as using satin pillowcases or scarves to reduce damage from rubbing against cotton fabrics.
Make seasonal adjustments by opting for cooler water temperatures when washing your hair and avoiding hot tools whenever possible.
- Use heatless styling methods
- Opt for low-heat options like air-drying
- Avoid direct sun exposure without protection
- Implement protective hairstyles
Progressive Fade of Pink Hair Dye
As a professional hair colorist, you understand that the progressive fade of pink hair dye is an integral part of the dyeing process.
Over successive washes, you’ll notice a gradual fading of the vibrant pink hue.
Typically, after three weeks, there will be noticeable fading and a softened hue that showcases a different aesthetic.
This evolution in color highlights varying stages of dye retention and adds depth to your overall look.
Gradual Color Fade Observed Over Successive Washes
As you wash your hair over time, you’ll notice a gradual fade in the color of your pink hair dye. This progressive fade is a natural process that occurs with each successive wash.
To prevent premature fading and maintain vibrant color, it’s important to implement proper color maintenance techniques.
Styling techniques like reducing heat exposure and using sulfate-free products can help prolong the life of your pink hair dye.
Additionally, product recommendations such as color-protecting shampoos and conditioners can aid in preserving the intensity of your pink hue.
Don’t forget to share your own experiences with maintaining colored hair for valuable insights from fellow readers!
Noticeable Fading Typically After Three Weeks
After three weeks of vibrant pink hair, you may start to notice a gradual fading process taking place. To maintain the color and prolong its vibrancy, it’s important to implement effective fading strategies.
Consider these tips for color maintenance:
- Use sulfate-free products designed for colored hair.
- Avoid excessive heat styling to prevent accelerated fading.
- Refresh your color with a vibrant dye or toner as needed.
After three weeks of flaunting your stunning pink locks, you may begin to witness the inevitable progression of color fade. But don’t fret! With proper care and strategic measures in place, you can extend the longevity of your radiant hue while embracing an aesthetic evolution that adds depth and character to your overall look.
To ensure optimal color maintenance during this progressive fade phase, here are some invaluable tips:
- Invest in high-quality sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners specifically formulated for colored hair. These gentle formulations help preserve pigments by minimizing stripping effects caused by harsh chemicals found in regular products.
- Limit exposure to heat-styling tools like curling irons or straighteners as they can expedite pigment loss due to their high temperatures. Opt for alternative styling methods such as air-drying or using low-heat settings when possible.
- Consider refreshing your faded strands with a touch-up using vibrant depositing dyes or toners tailored specifically for maintaining colorful hues between salon visits.
- Embrace the beauty behind faded colors by experimenting with different shades within the same spectrum family (e.g., going from bright hot pinks towards softer pastel variations). This allows you not only appreciate each stage but also creates an aesthetically pleasing transition that showcases versatility within one shade range.
- Explore creative ways to refresh and revitalize dulling tones through techniques like ombre coloring or adding pops of complementary colors strategically throughout sections on your hair. This vibrant refresh can breathe new life into fading pink hues, making them appear more intentional and artful.
- Consider using color-depositing conditioners or glosses to temporarily boost the vibrancy of your faded pink hair between dye applications. These products help maintain a fresh, lively appearance by adding pigment back into the strands.
- Minimize exposure to excessive sunlight and chlorine-treated water as these elements can cause pigments to fade faster than usual. Protect your precious locks by wearing a hat or applying leave-in UV protection sprays when venturing outdoors for extended periods.
- Avoid over-shampooing your hair and aim for washing every few days instead of daily cleansing routines. This allows natural oils produced by the scalp to distribute evenly throughout the strands, providing additional moisture that helps retain color intensity.
- Incorporate dry shampoo into your routine as an alternative way of refreshing greasy roots without resorting to frequent washes that strip away color molecules from each strand.
By implementing these effective strategies for maintaining vibrant pink hair during its progressive fade journey, you’ll not only extend its longevity but also embrace an aesthetic evolution that showcases different facets of this captivating hue along the way.
Softened Hue After Three Weeks, Showcasing a Different Aesthetic
After three weeks, your pink hair dye will gradually fade, resulting in a softened hue that showcases a different aesthetic. This process of color evolution is part of the charm and uniqueness of having pink hair.
As the vibrant pigments slowly fade away, you’ll notice subtle changes in shade and intensity. Embrace these fading patterns as they add depth and dimension to your overall look.
To prolong the longevity of your pink hair dye, try implementing some proven strategies while also considering personal experiences for optimal results.
Demonstrating the Process of Color Evolution Over Time
You’ll notice a gradual fade in the color of your pink hair dye over time.
As a professional color specialist, I understand the challenges of maintaining vibrant pink hair.
To demonstrate the process of color evolution, you can document and share your transformation chronicles with others.
Explore different fading strategies to prolong the longevity of your dye, such as reducing washing frequency and using specialized products for dye maintenance.
Embrace these techniques to unlock endless possibilities for colorful self-expression.
Highlighting Varying Stages of Dye Retention
As your pink hair dye gradually fades over time, have you noticed the varying stages of color retention? Understanding these progressive fade patterns can help you navigate the maintenance challenges and extend the life of your vibrant pink locks.
- Color fading techniques that contribute to different stages of dye retention
- Maintenance challenges in preserving color intensity as it fades
- Styling tips to enhance and prolong the vibrancy of your pink hair
- Color refresh options for revitalizing faded hues
- Insights from reader experiences on managing varying stages of dye retention
Enhancing Longevity of Hair Dye
To enhance the longevity of your pink hair dye, it’s recommended to start with a slightly brighter shade. This will ensure that as the color fades over time, it will still maintain its vibrancy.
Additionally, lightening your hair ends before applying semi-permanent color can help prolong the intensity of the dye.
To further retain color intensity, consider reducing washing frequency and utilizing dry shampoo or hair powders between washes.
Lastly, minimize heat styling to prevent dulling and damage to your colored hair.
Recommending Starting With a Slightly Brighter Shade for Prolonged Vibrancy
To enhance the longevity of your pink hair dye, it’s recommended to start with a slightly brighter shade for prolonged vibrancy.
Choosing a shade that’s just a touch brighter than your desired color will help maintain its intensity as it gradually fades over time.
This ensures that even as the color evolves and softens, you still achieve vibrant variations and avoid any dullness or patchiness in your hair hue.
Advising to Lighten Hair Ends Before Applying Semi-Permanent Color
Before applying semi-permanent color to your hair, it’s advisable to lighten the ends for enhanced longevity of the dye.
Lightening the ends creates a more even base and allows the color to adhere better, resulting in longer-lasting vibrancy.
Balayage techniques are often used to achieve this effect, blending seamlessly with your natural hair color.
Consider trendy combinations inspired by celebrities for added inspiration but be cautious of DIY bleaching risks that can damage your hair texture.
Suggesting Reducing Washing Frequency to Retain Color Intensity
To retain the intensity of your pink hair dye for longer, try reducing how often you wash your hair.
Washing your hair frequently can strip away the color and cause it to fade more quickly.
Instead, opt for washing every other day or even less frequently if possible.
This will help preserve the vibrancy of your pink hue and extend the longevity of your dye.
Incorporating this simple shampooing strategy into your routine is a key step in maintaining vibrant and long-lasting colored hair.
Utilizing Dry Shampoo and Hair Powders Between Washes
Extend the life of your pink hair dye by utilizing dry shampoo and hair powders between washes.
Dry shampoo techniques offer a non-wash refresh option that keeps your color vibrant for longer.
Stylish hair powders are another great option for prolonging the longevity of your dye. Simply apply them to your roots or throughout your strands to absorb oil and add texture while refreshing the color.
Get creative with powder application and try out different dry shampoo hacks to keep that gorgeous pink hue looking fresh and fabulous.
Minimizing Heat Styling to Prevent Dulling and Damage
To maintain the vibrancy and longevity of your pink hair dye, minimize heat styling to prevent dulling and damage.
Heat can strip away color molecules, causing your pink shade to fade faster.
Instead, opt for heat-free styles or protective hairstyles that minimize direct exposure to high temperatures.
Additionally, use safe products specifically formulated for colored hair that offer protection against heat styling tools.
Consider incorporating a cold rinse after washing as it helps seal the cuticles and preserve vibrant shades for longer-lasting results.
Choosing Dye Brands and Application
When it comes to choosing pink hair dye, selecting the right brand and applying it correctly are key factors in determining how long your color will last.
Brands like Directions, Manic Panic, or Fudge offer similar options for vibrant pink shades. It’s important to follow proper application techniques for optimal durability and longevity of the dye.
Additionally, different brands may have variations in permanence levels, so be sure to choose a high-quality product that suits your desired duration of color.
Dye brand recommendations.
For optimal results and long-lasting color, consider popular dye brands like Directions, Manic Panic, or Fudge. These trusted brands offer a range of vibrant pink shades to suit your preferences.
With their high-quality formulas and extensive color selections, you can achieve the perfect shade of pink that lasts.
Whether you’re an experienced hair dyer or just starting out, these brands provide reliable options for mastering application techniques and maintaining vibrant colors.
Take inspiration from reader success stories and navigate workplace pink etiquette with confidence using these recommended dye brands.
Application techniques for longevity.
To maximize the longevity of your pink hair dye, it’s important to choose the right dye brand and utilize proper application techniques.
- Use precision coloring techniques for even distribution.
- Experiment with creative color blends for unique results.
- Opt for color-friendly styles that minimize friction and fading.
- Follow vibrant maintenance tips like using sulfate-free products.
- Explore gentle dye removal methods when ready for a change.
Variations in dye permanence
When choosing a dye brand for your pink hair, it’s important to consider the variations in permanence among different brands.
Different factors can affect how long the color lasts, including dye formulation and application technique.
Some brands may offer longer-lasting results due to their specific formulas or ingredients designed to enhance color longevity.
It’s also essential to follow proper application instructions and take care of your colored hair with maintenance tips like using sulfate-free products and protecting it from heat styling and sun exposure.
Personal Experiences With Pink Hair Dye
Have you ever tried pink hair dye? We want to hear about your personal experiences! Share how long the color lasted for you and any tips or tricks you discovered along the way. Join in on the conversation and help create a community dialogue about maintaining pink hair.
Inviting Discussions on Reader Experiences With Pink Hair Dye
Share your personal experiences with pink hair dye and join the conversation about maintaining vibrant, colorful locks.
Engage with fellow readers by sharing your vivid pink moments, maintenance challenges, bold color transformations, and DIY dye adventures.
Let’s know how you’ve tackled color fading stories and what tips or tricks have worked for you in prolonging the life of your pink hair.
Your insights will contribute to a community dialogue on achieving long-lasting, beautiful hues.
Encouraging Sharing of Tips for Prolonging Pink Hair Vibrancy
Share your tips for prolonging the vibrancy of pink hair dye.
Community favorites include:
- Color refresh techniques
- DIY hair masks
- Styling tips
- Heat-free maintenance
Experiment with different techniques to find what works best for you.
Try incorporating a nourishing DIY hair mask into your routine once a week to keep your strands healthy and vibrant.
Opt for heat-free styling options such as air-drying or using flexi rods to prevent damage and preserve color intensity.
Creating a Community Dialogue About Maintaining Pink Hair
Join the conversation and share your personal experiences with maintaining pink hair dye. The community insights are invaluable when it comes to color maintenance and keeping your vibrant hair looking its best.
From tips on prolonging the pink transformation to styling advice for long-lasting vibrancy, hearing from others who’ve gone through similar journeys can provide valuable guidance and inspiration.
Don’t hesitate to contribute your own tips and tricks for maintaining that beautiful pink hue!
Fostering Engagement Through Shared Experiences
Discover the countless stories and experiences from individuals who’ve embraced pink hair dye, and learn valuable tips for maintaining vibrant colors.
Share your own color stories, exchange maintenance wisdom, and engage with a community of like-minded individuals who’ve faced their own dye challenges.
Through these shared experiences, you can find inspiration, gain insights into prolonging the life of your pink hair dye, and feel empowered to express yourself through this bold and liberating choice.
Encouraging Tips Exchange for Extending the Life of Pink Hair
Get ready to exchange tips and tricks for maintaining vibrant pink hair by hearing from others who’ve personal experiences with colored hair.
Share your dyeing experiences, learn color maintenance strategies, and discover ways to extend the life of your pink hues. From product recommendations to washing frequency adjustments, this open dialogue will empower you with knowledge on how to keep your pink hair looking fabulous for longer periods of time.
Hair Health Boost
To boost the health of your hair and extend the longevity of your pink hair dye, prioritize deep conditioning masks and hydrating oils. These treatments will nourish your strands, keeping them strong and moisturized.
Additionally, gradually bleach lighter hair using gentle lighteners with added moisture to minimize damage while achieving the desired shade.
Prioritizing Deep Conditioning Masks and Hydrating Oils
To maintain the vibrancy of your pink hair dye, prioritize nourishing and hydrating your strands with deep conditioning masks and moisturizing oils.
Here are some hydration tips to keep in mind:
- Deep conditioning masks provide intense moisture that restores the health of your hair.
- Oil treatments help replenish lost moisture and promote a healthy scalp.
- Regular use of these products helps restore moisture balance and prevent dryness.
- Nourishing oils like argan or coconut oil can enhance shine, reduce frizz, and protect against damage.
Gradually Bleaching Lighter Hair Using Gentle Lighteners With Added Moisture
To achieve the best results when bleaching lighter hair for pink hair dye, gradually lighten your strands using gentle lighteners with added moisture. This process helps minimize damage and maintain hair health while preparing it for color transformation.
Gentle lighteners work by lifting the natural pigments in your hair without causing excessive dryness or breakage. By incorporating moisturizing ingredients into the formula, these products help retain essential hydration during the bleaching process, resulting in healthier-looking and more vibrant colored hair.
|Benefits of Gradual Bleaching
|Tips for Using Gentle Lighteners
|Minimizes damage to the hair
|Choose a gentle lightener with added moisture
|Preserves overall Hair Health
|Follow instructions carefully
|Prepares Hair for Color Transformation
|Conduct a patch test before applying all over
By taking this gradual approach to bleach lighter strands, you can enjoy stunning pink hues while keeping your locks healthy and hydrated throughout the process.
For optimal hair health, prioritize deep conditioning masks and hydrating oils to nourish your strands. These hair health boosters not only improve the overall condition of your hair but also help extend the longevity of your pink hair dye.
By keeping your locks well-moisturized and nourished, you can combat color fading strategies and maintenance challenges that often come with vibrant shades like pink. Additionally, incorporating these products into your routine will provide you with trendy dye combinations while promoting healthy-looking locks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I use regular shampoo and conditioner on pink hair?
Yes, you can use regular shampoo and conditioner on pink hair.
However, for longer-lasting color vibrancy and to prevent stripping the dye, it’s recommended to use sulfate-free products specifically designed for colored hair.
Can I go swimming with pink hair dye?
Take a dip with confidence!
Pink hair dye can handle swimming, but beware of chlorine and saltwater. These elements may strip color faster, so protect your vibrant locks with a swim cap or rinse immediately after to preserve that powerful pink hue.
How often should I touch up my pink hair dye?
To maintain vibrant pink hair, touch up your dye every 4-6 weeks. This timeframe allows for gradual fading and gives you the opportunity to refresh your color before it becomes too dull.
Can I use heat styling tools on pink hair without damaging the color?
Yes, you can use heat styling tools on your pink hair without damaging the color. However, it’s important to minimize heat exposure and use a heat protectant spray to maintain the vibrancy and longevity of your dye.
Can I mix different shades of pink hair dye to create a custom color?
Mixing different shades of pink hair dye allows you to unlock a world of creativity and self-expression. It symbolizes your unique power to create a custom color that represents your individuality and sets you apart from the crowd.
Embrace the liberation and understanding that comes with experimenting with different hues.
Get ready to rock your pink hair color! Whether you opt for a subtle pastel or a bold hot pink, the longevity of your vibrant hue depends on several factors.
Factors such as hair condition, natural hair color, dye application, washing frequency, and heat styling can all impact how long your pink hair dye lasts.
To enhance the longevity of your color, consider starting with a slightly brighter shade, lightening the hair ends before applying dye, reducing washing frequency, using dry shampoo between washes, and minimizing heat styling.