This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Finding the best men’s colognes of all time can be an impossible task to test every brand and every model, especially when it comes to visiting many different stores; it is a task that needs to be done.
After all, many men have taken the time to select the best long-lasting perfumes for men and thus improve their lives.
Before we start, it should be noted that there is not a single best fragrance for men.
Every man is different, and every nose is different. The trick to finding the best men’s cologne of all time is to find out what you want your scent to say about you.
Some scents radiate sensuality with notes of the leather chord and spicy cinnamon; others spread light and airy summer feeling with sweet and light floral notes, and others show tones of power and masculinity with woody notes and musk.
Table Of Contents
- The Best Men's Fragrances & Colognes (Quick Summary)
- Tips For Buy Best Men’s Cologne Of All Time
- 10 Best Men’s Colognes Of All Time of 2023
- 1. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L’homme
- 2. Nautica Voyage Cologne By Nautica For Men
- 3. Versace Man Eau Fraiche
- 4. Versace Eros Cologne
- 5. 1 Million Lucky By Paco Rabanne Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
- 6. Acqua Di Gio Cologne By Giorgio Armani For Men
- 7. Guess Seductive Homme Blue Cologne
- 8. Sauvage By Dior Eau De Parfum Spray
- 9. Mont Blanc Legend Cologne
- 10. Jimmy Choo Man’s Intense
- Types of Cologne
- How and where to apply to Cologne
- How to make your Cologne last longer
The Best Men's Fragrances & Colognes (Quick Summary)
Best OverallYves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L'homme
4.5 out of 5
|Nautica Voyage Cologne By Nautica For Men|
4.5 out of 5
|Versace Man Eau Fraiche|
4.5 out of 5
|Versace Eros Cologne|
4.5 out of 5
|1 Million Lucky By Paco Rabanne Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml|
4.5 out of 5
|Acqua Di Gio Cologne By Giorgio Armani For Men|
4.5 out of 5
|Guess Seductive Homme Blue Cologne|
4.5 out of 5
|Sauvage By Dior Eau De Parfum Spray|
4.5 out of 5
|Mont Blanc Legend Cologne|
4.5 out of 5
|Jimmy Choo Man's Intense|
4.5 out of 5
Tips For Buy Best Men’s Cologne Of All Time
- Do not automatically go for the famous brands that celebrities have approved. You would be surprised how much better the smell of small brands can be.
- Keep It Simple! You do not need a complicated, sophisticated scent with dozens of layers. Stay with recognizable smells (fig, Reggio bergamot lavender, or citrus notes) with a pure woody or earthy underlying tones. Find the best men’s fragrances with a short ingredient list for genuine, versatile fragrances.
- Do not expect to have a fragrance for the rest of your life. Try out new scents to find a variety that works for you, and consider changing your characteristic aroma once every few years. Your clothing style, preferences for food, lifestyle, and hobbies can change – your scent must change with them.
- Knock-offs and imitations have a shorter odor life than the right colognes for men. There are also small differences in the fragrance profile, so a cheaper impression will never be as good as the real ones
10 Best Men’s Colognes Of All Time of 2023
Another thing worth mentioning is that men and women do not always want the same things. Some colognes may be more suitable for the boardroom or a cocktail party. It’s all about playing on your specific strengths and choosing the right fragrance for your environment.
Like a moth in the flame, some colognes for men can attract our attention by appealing to our senses. Whether they are warm and woody scents or clean and fresh fragrances, colognes have the power to convey personality and attract attention.
So, if you are looking to increase your desirability, the right scent will go a long way. Fortunately, we know what you need.
Here is the best cologne of all time and just a few suggestions to help you get started with the search for the best perfumes for men:
1. Yves Saint Laurent La Nuit De L’homme
Yves saint laurent is a versatile fragrance that comes in layers. Cardamom (spicy) to start. reggio bergamot (sweet) comes next. And bergamot lavender (soft, relaxing) tops it all off.
Wear this anytime, anywhere.
Considering how good this cologne is (a Nordstrom top seller), this price is an absolute bargain.
- A soft and sweet fragrance
- Not overwhelmingly powerful but far-reaching
- Women find it intoxicating
- 100% authentic and cheaper than department stores
- One of the best YSL cologne for men
2. Nautica Voyage Cologne By Nautica For Men
One of the best smelling colognes for men is Nautica Voyage by Nautica. As discussed in more detail later, choosing the most affordable cologne is not always the wisest idea. In this case, however, it is difficult to go wrong with these relaxing scents for watermen.
The classic cologne leads with the cooling feeling of fresh green apple and leaf notes at the top note, opening to a heart of mimosa mixed with soft lotus and linen. It is reminiscent of chattering sails high above the deck of a sailboat that navigates over the salty summer sea.
A woody fragrance mix of atlas cedar, musk, moss, and amber Nautica Voyage at the base gives much-needed masculinity.
It is a relaxed and casual fragrance that can be worn all spring and summer, designed for men who like to let go and have some fun in the sun.
- Fresh, aquatic scent
- Perfect for when it gets warm out
- Great value
- 100% authentic & lower priced than department stores
3. Versace Man Eau Fraiche
A citrusy, fresh, clean fragrance with an aquatic radiance. The top notes are bergamot and lemon, with peppery spice, white musk, and wood in the base and heart notes.
You’ll love this if you like citrus notes and spicy tones. It keeps it dry to clean wood with aromatic spicy notes. Like D and G Light Blue, it is not a smoky nightclub scent (bad boy) but a beachy, cheerful scent.
The typical summer fragrance for day and night.
A huge bottle for less than $ 120. For the quality, this is fair!
- Crisp, citrusy opening evocative of brilliant Summer season days
- Spicy, warm saffron, musk, amber, and black pepper hum at the heart and base notes
- It fits all ages and pleases nearly all noses (particularly females)
4. Versace Eros Cologne
Eros by Versace men’s fragrance gives you a lively freshness with its mix of mint leaves, green apple, and lemon zest. You may remember that Eros is the Greek God of love that makes people fall in love with his bow and arrow. The predominant color of the Eros bottle is turquoise, a male color of the gods.
This price is for the bottle with 1.7 liquid ounces, but we recommend buying more than 1. Fragrances such as mint leaves, Italian lemon peel, green apple, tonka beans, amber, geranium, vanilla, cedarwood, vetiver, and oakmoss
What reviewers say:
Women are very enthusiastic about this eau de cologne, but what do men think?
- I am always asked what I wear. I get a lot of compliments about this. It is clean, smelling, and not overwhelming.
- Smells great and lasts all day. Ladies love it. Although I must say that it feels a bit like something else, they are valuable things. Not diluted.
- It is recommended for daily wear
- The composition is built on perfect harmony of sweet and sea salt notes and sunny warmth nuances on your skin.
- This is a product to be of high quality and is made of high-quality material.
5. 1 Million Lucky By Paco Rabanne Eau De Toilette Spray 100ml
Introduced in Spring 2018, One Million Lucky is a pulsating and captivating scent of woody notes, perfect for the man who lives without limits and makes his dreams come true.
Hazelnut enriches the woody notes, fresh ozone honey, and Greengage Plum for a hint of sweetness.
It can be worn for any occasion but is best suited for a nighttime fragrance. Many reviewers say this is the perfect cologne to wear on a night out.
Typically paco Rabanne cologne costs anywhere from $ 80 for a 100ml bottle. However, you can often find it on Amazon for nearly $ 70. If you can get it at that price, we highly recommend recommended. You won’t regret giving this cologne a try.
We think the ambroxane scent advertised as one of the top notes is lacking. Nevertheless, everyone seems to love this product, so we think it’s still worth trying.
- Fresh, vivid, and sensual
- Woody scent with a touch of sweet
- Beautiful longevity
6. Acqua Di Gio Cologne By Giorgio Armani For Men
Acqua Di Gio Cologne is one of the most popular and best-selling fragrances for men in the US.
This is a light and fresh fragrance, not sharp, not spicy fragrance, but clear and excellent. The smell will be familiar to most people, which is good but not necessarily suitable for those who want to stand out or be unique in the crowd.
Men love how male smells like this perfume, and women can’t get enough of it either. If you are looking for woodsy, almost tobacco leaf men’s fragrances suitable for any occasion, you should consider giving this cologne an attempt.
Top notes of bergamot, grapefruit, lemon, pear, and apple; tied together with geranium, lavender, and rosemary; and with a finish of Indian patchouli, labdanum, Tonka bean, and vanilla amber wood.
Perfect for any occasion, day or night, and can be worn every time of the year.
Acqua Di Gio Cologne is not the cheapest eau de cologne on our list, but considering the 4.5-gram bottle, this cologne will be a great value.
- Woody and aromatic spices
- Wonderful manly fragrance
- Great price
7. Guess Seductive Homme Blue Cologne
A gorgeous, subtle scent that can be worn in almost every situation and projects just the right amount of refinement.
Designed for charming, charismatic, and magnetic men, Seductive pour Homme Blue by Guess consists of aromatic, woody, and Fougere fragrances for men. It is a relatively new release of the brand, but it makes women crazy. This price applies to the bottle with a 3.4-liter bottle.
Smells like cardamom, mandarin pulp, pink pepper, vanilla orchid, black violet leaf, vetiver, atlas cedar patchouli, sandalwood, vanilla amber, and white musk.
What reviewers say:
So what do other guys think of it?
Very mild scent. Not overwhelming. I am sure that others will vary, but I love it, and I have about 30 bottles of designer perfume. But I think this is at the top of my favorites.
Excellent fragrance at an excellent price !!
- Airy and sensual
- Mild and subtle
- A scent more sophisticated than the non-Blue version
- 100% authentic & lower priced than other brands
8. Sauvage By Dior Eau De Parfum Spray
Expect the signature scent of Calabrian bergamot, Sichuan pepper, Lavender, and Ambroxan, but enriched with spices and warm oriental notes of star anise, nutmeg, and Papua vanilla.
Inspired by the cool of the night and the magical hour of dusk, this is more of an evening scent.
A little pricey, but some say it’s worth it.
- Light, clean, and fresh notes
- Outstanding staying electrical energy
- Anticipate tons of compliments when sporting this cologne
9. Mont Blanc Legend Cologne
If you are looking for something versatile and safe, then the Mont Blanc Legend is good. This masculine fragrance is a fruity, aromatic scent with interesting notes: lavender, pineapple, oakmoss, coumarin, and porose.
This cologne’s projection and life span are not too heavy or linger but are sufficient to get the job done. It is excellent for spring and summer.
MontBlanc opens with a delicious, fruity citrus combo of pineapple, Calabrian bergamot, fresh lavender, and lemon verbena. The heart has rose, apple, geranium, and dried fruits, with oakmoss for a fresh and earthy balance. The base is vanilla-y, woody, and lightly spicy with tonka bean and sandalwood.
As many people have said, it smells a bit like Abercrombie Fierce, but that does not necessarily have to be wrong because it happens to be half the price of Fierce.
- A sweet, fruity, floral scent that everyone will love.
- An easy everyday wear fragrance.
- Fresh, clean, understated, yet not boring.
10. Jimmy Choo Man’s Intense
Opportunity: this is a pretty versatile fragrance, so you should be able to wear it anytime and anywhere. Although there is a summer melon in advance, the white pepper and tonka beans also make it a pleasant smell for cooler temperatures.
Price: as this is a newer fragrance, you should expect such a price. However, if you like Invictus or bleu de Chanel and find it cheaper, you may want to go because customers claim they all have the same odor profile.
Recommended Reading: 10 Best Natural Body Washes for Glowing & Happier Skin 2023
Despite this cologne being synchronized intensely, customers prefer this one to other intense smells due to its soft nature. Customers also rave about how male and sexy it is, and some are even going to call it a female killer.
- Very mellow scent
- Sexy and unmistakably masculine fragrance
- Versatile scent with surprising hints of melon and pepper that pop up
Types of Cologne
Buying a new men’s perfume is no different from shopping for a new suit or car. It would help if you never lost sight of your budget and, in particular, try to prevent you are not satisfied.
Something that is often overlooked is, for example, the difference between Eau de Perfume (EDP), Eau de Toilette (EDT), and Cologne.
Although men often use the terms as synonyms when talking about scents, they refer to entirely different products. Read on to discover the difference.
Generally, the most expensive of the group, this can take up to eight hours and offers a concentration of scents between 15 and 20 percent. It is the most common dilution on the market and is the best option if you are looking for more luxurious and deeper tones.
So make sure you wear it carefully. Less is always more.
Eau de toilette
EDT contains up to 15 percent aromatic essence and is the perfect option for everyday use. It lasts up to four hours, so make sure you have a spare bottle in your desk drawer for a quick supplement when you go out after work with colleagues.
This product is mainly found as a splash and has a lower odor concentration, between one and two percent. It usually takes less than two hours and can be reused if necessary but does not have the same effects as an EDP or EDT.
How and where to apply to Cologne
The ignorant have one rule for using Cologne: on MUCH and ANYWHERE! Giving yourself to Cologne, after all, must smell good all day, right?
Oh, there are so many types of errors! When it comes to perfume, there are three rules to remember:
- Less is more. Repeat that a dozen times before applying cologne. Your cologne must be appreciated, not overwhelmingly. Too much cologne (especially a high odor concentration) can change the nose and stomach of people. A few spritzes are more than enough.
- Apply from bottom to top. Start with your wrists, then go up to your neck and behind your ears. Only one spritz at each heart rate point (the point where the blood vessels are close to the skin) is enough to do the job.
- The only one will do it! One spritz per pulse point is sufficient to get started. Give it 30 minutes to get the underlying tones out, and you’ll notice that you smell beautiful without overdoing it.
Bonus: Be wary of your deodorant. If you use a strongly fragrant deodorant NL cologne, the two odors may collide. If you are going to wear strong cologne, stay with a mild deodorant.
You may see people using the spray and flow method to apply cologne. It is a foolish way to do it and a waste of Cologne! You want the particles to stick to your skin, not your clothes.
With immediate application (spraying or dabbing), the pulse points are the best way to guarantee maximum odor absorption.
The spray and flow method only spreads the particles in the air and reduces the concentration of the smell. (Remember that the odor particles are oxidized and broken down as soon as they are exposed to oxygen, spraying close to your neck to deliver the odor before oxidation.)
How to make your Cologne last longer
- A few spritzes are all you need to smell good.
- Place tissue paper in your drawers and inject it with cologne. The scent will be absorbed into your clothes, making you smell good all day.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Humidity, light, and heat ensure that the cologne breaks down and the quality decreases.
- Spray after showering. Your skin absorbs the odor with moisture, which leads to a longer smell.
- Do NOT rub your wrists after spraying. Friction degrades and changes the smell.
- Rinse cotton swabs with your perfume and place them in a lockable plastic bag in your bag or suitcase. Use the cotton swabs to update the fragrance during the day.
You do not like any of the best men’s fragrances you see today.
I would insist on starting your research. In that case, the buying guide in this article will help you.
Which best men’s cologne of all time do you do best? Let me know how shopping has turned out in the comments.
Recommended Reading: Best Body Spray for Women That You Need to Try (Review 2023)
Quite a comprehensive guide. Quite about everything one would need to know before buying a cologne for men. Thanks for sharing this. However, I got only one question. Why only top 5 listed above when you could have added all 10