This site is supported by our readers. We may earn a commission, at no cost to you, if you purchase through links.
Are you tired of your regular beard and looking to add some style and creativity to your facial hair? Look no further than the braided beard trend! Braided beards are a unique and stylish way to add something extra to your facial hair look.
In this article, we will cover everything you need to know about braiding your own beard, from the basics to the most stylish braided beard types.
Table Of Contents
- Why Braid Your Beard?
- The Basics of Beard Braiding
- Types of Braided Beards
- Tips for Braiding Your Beard
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why Braid Your Beard?
Braiding your beard is not only a fun and creative way to style your facial hair, but it also has practical benefits. Braids can help keep your beard hairs in place, especially during rough weather, and prevent them from getting tangled.
Braids can also add a sense of masculinity and ruggedness to your overall look, making them a popular choice among men.
The Basics of Beard Braiding
Before you dive into the world of braided beards, it’s important to understand the basics of beard braiding.
- Start by washing your beard with a good quality beard shampoo and towel-drying it.
- Use a comb to detangle your beard and make sure it’s smooth and free of knots.
- Decide on the type of braid you want to create and section off your beard accordingly.
For example, if you want a simple braid, divide your beard into three distinct sections.
- Use an elastic band or hair tie to secure the base of your braid.
- Begin braiding your beard by crossing the left section over the middle section, then the right section over the middle section, and so on.
- Continue braiding until you reach the end of your beard, then use another elastic band or hair tie to secure the end.
Types of Braided Beards
The Simple Braid
The simple braid is the most basic type of beard braid, and it’s perfect for starters. This braid features just one nice little strand of beard hair, braided in a straight line down the chin.
The French Braid
The French braid is a classic style that involves braiding your beard in distinct sections, using a thin teeth comb to create a clean look.
The Viking Beard Braid
The Viking beard braid is a long braid that runs down the length of your beard. It’s a great way to add some rustic look to your beard and show off your beard-growing skills.
The Wizard Twirl
The Wizard twirl is a unique style that involves twisting your beard hairs in opposite direction to create a forked beard. This style is perfect for those who want a functional look with a touch of creativity.
The Half Braids
Half braids are a great way to add some variety to your beard without going all in. This style features a couple of small braids on the side of the beard, while the rest remains unbraided.
The Goatee Braid
The goatee braid is a popular choice for those with a shorter beard. This style involves braiding a small low-key braid on the chin, while the rest of the beard remains unbraided.
The Braided Viking Beard
The braided Viking beard is a long and thick beard braid that’s perfect for those who want to unleash their inner Viking. This style requires a considerable amount of effort and professional help, but the end result is worth it.
Tips for Braiding Your Beard
Before you start braiding your own beard, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Use a high-quality beard oil to keep your beard moisturized and prevent it from getting dry and brittle.
- Experiment with different braid types and styles to find the one that suits your beard type and length the best.
- Use accessories like decorative beads and skull jewelry to add some personality to your beard.
- Don’t forget to wash your beard regularly with a couple of different shampoos to keep it clean and healthy.
Braiding your own beard is a great way to add some style and creativity to your facial hair look. With the right technique, tools, and some practice, you can create a variety of new braided beard styles that are sure to turn heads.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need a long enough length to braid my beard?
Yes, you need at least a few inches of length to create most braided beard styles.
What’s the best way to care for my beard when it’s braided?
Use a high-quality beard oil to moisturize your beard and prevent it from getting dry and brittle.
Can I braid my beard if it’s not very thick?
Yes, you can still braid your beard even if it’s not very thick. Just make sure to divide it into smaller sections to create a fuller look.
How do I keep my braided beard in place?
Use elastic bands or hair ties to secure the base and end of your braid and prevent it from unraveling.
Are braided beards still in style?
- Yes, braided beards are still a popular trend, and there are always new and upcoming styles to try.